King Arthur's Gold
Based in Warsaw, Poland
6 May, 2011
If you like total freedom in the way you conquer the enemy this is the ultimate war game for you. Build freeform constructions as a medieval Builder, fight in sword duels as a Knight or snipe with your bow as an Archer. KAG blends the cooperative aspects of Lost Vikings, mashes them with the full destructibility of Worms and the visual style and action of Metal Slug, brought to you by the creators of Soldat.
King Arthur's Gold was started in 2011 by Michal Marcinkowski. Completely self-funded, self-coded, self-marketed and literally made in a bedroom. Later joined by pixel artist and co-designer Max Cahill and musician David Pencil (of PennyArcade). Initially released undercover, the game's alpha version popularity kicked off because of its innovative multiplayer game design and features - mentioned on PCGamer, Kotaku, Rock Paper Shotgun and winning several indie game awards (including Best Game of the Year). After that the developers hid quietly in their dungeons to totally repaint graphics, re-design and recode the engine to use scripts (and boost the modding community). Following the Minecraft model it is now a new game (with the former alpha being called KAG classic) released as KAG Beta in mid-2013.
- Build defenses with freeform building
- Destroy the enemy castles with physics and explosives
- Freedom to move by land, water, dig tunnels or fly in the air
- Use the environment to burn or drown enemies
- Interact with a living animal and plant world
- Drive siege machines with your teammates
- Fight with 32 unpredictable humans in multiplayer
- Freely change to one of 3 distinct classes
- Singleplayer, cooperative and competitive game modes
- Customize with 60+ unique heads
- Create your own adventure with community created mods & scripts
Official Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Independent Game 2013" Pixel Heaven, 2013
- "Reader’s Choice Award Best Free Game" IndieGameMagazine, 2011
- "Best Strategy/Roleplaying." JayIsGames best of, 2011
- "CEO's Silver Spoon" IndieDB's Founder Selection Award, 2011
- "King Arthur’s Gold is a team-based, online multiplayer versus platformer that’s already lots of fun, even in beta."
- Derek Yu, TIGSource
- "One of the 10 Most Promising Games in their alpha stage."
- Simon Jones, IndieGameMag.com
- "An Essential Free Indie Game For Your PC"
- Rob Manuel, G4tv.com
- "King Arthur’s Gold or Michal Marcinkowski’s Quest To Build The Best Multiplayer Game Ever"
- Chris Priestman , indiestatik.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
"Adventures of Meow"
A fan comic based in the world of King Arthur's Gold pr.kag2d.com.
Orc and siege tower mod
A video showing a selected community mod with a completely new race and moving siege tower youtube.com.
About Transhuman Design
Members of Transhuman Design work on their projects remotely, from different locations around the globe, without focusing on a single genre or audience. They strive to follow their instincts and passions when creating games, even if from the marketing perspective it sounds like… well, suicide.
More information on Transhuman Design, our logo & relevant media are available here.
King Arthur's Gold Credits
CEO, Coder, Designer
Artist, Coder, Designer