Based in Warsaw, Poland
5th October 2016
PC / Mac / Linux
The easiest mode is 'HARD'!
BUTCHER is a fast-paced 2D shooter game and a blood-soaked love letter to the early 90s. As a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity, your sole purpose is to well... annihilate anything that moves.
So grab your weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more. And if you're feeling creative, there are plenty other ways of ending your enemies' misery - hooks, lava pits, saws... no death will ever be the same.
If kicking corpses into a lava pit and adorning walls with blood is your idea of a good time, BUTCHER is THE game for you.
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included)
- Skill-based gameplay mechanics
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level)
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher)
- Adorn more than 20 levels with the insides of your enemies
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around)
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors... and more!
Official Trailer YouTube
Official Teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Butcher is my favourite upcoming game! It's as if Doom was a platformer, yet still made in 1992! Also, hard."
- Sos Sosowski, Twitter
- "I can think of lots of reasons why shotgunning your way through some 2D pixels might turn your day around, but whatever the cause I recommend Butcher."
- Graham Smith (about the game's prototype), Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "I’ve enjoyed many games in 2015, but few have put a smile on my face the way Butcher has."
- Patrick Klepek (about the game's prototype), Kotatku
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Transhuman Design
Members of Transhuman Design work on their projects remotely, from different locations around the globe, without focusing on a single genre or audience. They strive to follow their instincts and passions when creating games, even if from the marketing perspective it sounds like… well, suicide.
More information on Transhuman Design, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Programming, visuals, game and level design, prototype game and level design
Visuals, prototype game and level design
Game and level design, testing
Music, sound design, testing